Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Little History for Release Day


Last week, on my actual, official release day, I was exploring the historic sites of Jamestown (the first successful Engish settlement in America) and Yorktown (the site of the surrender of the British to end the American Revolution). When Mike Kissed Emma came along for the trip and got to see inside a Native American dwelling, a replica of the ships the settlers came over on (those ships were small - if I'd lived then, I would have stayed in England), outside a house at Jamestown fort and soldiers tents at Yorktown. As you can see WMKE and I had a very full day.

That evening we ate at one of the historic taverns in Williamsburg, complete with eighteenth century entertainment. It was a great way to celebrate Release Day.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments: