Friday, August 14, 2009

A Blast from the Past

I recently pulled out an old manuscript of mine. About thirty years old. And oh man, did I need an editor. If you want to know my take on fashions in 1980, you've come to the right place. If you want to know exactly how many siblings each of the students in the class had, and their names and ages, this is the manuscript for you. The story is action-filled with much heart-rending drama and I found myself laughing out loud way more than the story called for.

Right now I just want to share one line in particular that nearly made me lose it as I re-read it all these years later:

The mixture of emotions in him confused Caldwell, for he generally limited himself to one emotion at a time.

I read that to my daughter and she said "Who is he? Tinkerbell?"

Any embarrassing one-liners in your old stories you want to share?

2 comments:

  1. ROFL! So are you going to share your take on '80s fashion?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Barb, I'll share my take on 80s fashions after I recover from vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete