Tuesday, November 2, 2010

How Did Day One Go - NaNoWriMo

So, one day down. And how did we do?

Well, my daughter and I both got in over 3000 words. Which put us well ahead of the 1667 needed per day to make the 50,000 word goal.

Of course we also realize that there will be days we will not be able to meet our goals, so getting a bit ahead is not a bad thing at all.





My son got in over 700 words. He's doing NaNoWriMo through the Young Writer's Program and can set his own goal. He set a goal of 11,000 words, since he is almost 11. With that kind of a target he is write on track for meeting his goal.





Plus he has a lot of other things he likes to do when he is on the computer.
As for me, since the kids are home on fall break this week, I needed the headphones on so I could enter the cave state I need to write in. I used to be able to write with lots of distractions (ie in class in high school) but now it seems I need a bit more of a distraction free environment.

So, that's how Day 1 went. How about everyone else?





Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment