Also today there was a wonderfully sweet review of When Mike Kissed Emma at Novel Reaction. My favorite line: "I loved reading this book and never wanted to put it down." (Who wouldn't love a line like that!)
So that's what's happening with me and When Mike Kissed Emma around the internet today. Meanwhile back at the ranch, I'm hunkered down in front of the air conditioning because it is very hot and humid and not getting much done because my son is watching clips from The Muppet Show on the other computer and it's making it a little hard to concentrate. Hopefully we get some rain and a break in the humidity soon!
It's August. And it's Monday. And this means the summer is just flying by. It also brings home the point that I haven't been writing nearly as much as I should be. But there are reading/writing related things going on.
1) I'm reading a book recommended to me by my son.Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians. He considers it the best book in the entire universe and while I'm not sure I would give it that honor, it is a pretty fun book. And it makes the important point that the librarians control all the information out there. They are very powerful beings!
2) When I'm done reading Alcatraz I'll be reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I may be the last person in the country to read this book, but better late than never!
3) It's time to do some revising on various of my manuscripts. I need to get my head around what one particular story is really about. This may require some peace and quiet.
4) Peace and quiet are hard to come by these days. My daughter is at a theater camp from 9 to 4 for the next two weeks, leaving my son to wish to be entertained by me.
5) I will be at PAYA Festival on August 21st signing copies of When Mike Kissed Emma. Will I see you there?