Monday, August 2, 2010

Five on a Monday

It's August. And it's Monday. And this means the summer is just flying by. It also brings home the point that I haven't been writing nearly as much as I should be. But there are reading/writing related things going on.

1) I'm reading a book recommended to me by my son.Brandon Sanderson's Alcatraz vs. The Evil Librarians. He considers it the best book in the entire universe and while I'm not sure I would give it that honor, it is a pretty fun book. And it makes the important point that the librarians control all the information out there. They are very powerful beings!






2) When I'm done reading Alcatraz I'll be reading The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I may be the last person in the country to read this book, but better late than never!

3) It's time to do some revising on various of my manuscripts. I need to get my head around what one particular story is really about. This may require some peace and quiet.

4) Peace and quiet are hard to come by these days. My daughter is at a theater camp from 9 to 4 for the next two weeks, leaving my son to wish to be entertained by me.

5) I will be at PAYA Festival on August 21st signing copies of When Mike Kissed Emma. Will I see you there?

Have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Love it--"wish to be entertained by me." Little Brother is the same way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When the kids are apart I am spared the bickering, but when they are together, they do manage to keep each other entertained (sometimes that entertainment seems to involve bickering).

    ReplyDelete