Friday, November 5, 2010

Poetry Friday - Romeo and Rosaline


Finally jumping back onto the Poetry Friday bandwagon. I can do this because my daughter, the in-house poet, has agreed to supply me with new poems.

So, here, from my thirteen-year-old is:

Hello and Goodbye

by KRM


Romeo you’re

Too over-romantic

For me

To love

Too much talk,

Not too much love

Romeo, don’t you

Understand?

No, of course not.

You kiss my hand

Foot

Hair

Knees

Anything but my lips

You great fool

Romeo, you know

Nothing about love

You make a lover

Want to join

A nunnery

Yes, this is a break-up

Sorry to

Break it to you,

You’re a horrible

Boyfriend, with a skull

As thick as stone

I care not if you

Take this harshly,

You always seemed

To overreact, anyway.

So long,

Farewell

I don’t want to see

The likes of you again!
Adieu,

Goodbye,

I hope whatever

Girl you land next

Is as thick as you

So you can

Have a fair relationship

Instead of

The woman with the brains

And the man without.

I care not for Montagues

I’m impartial to Capulets

I do know

That

I’m never dating again

Gone to live my life as a

Carmelite Nun

I despise you men,

You make me gag.

Do not weep over me,

I weep not over you.

I’m leaving this note

On thy doorstep,

So as not

To have to deal with

Tears and begging’s,

“Please don’t go.”

Signed,

Yours truly,

Rosaline


The Poetry Friday Roundup can be found at Teaching Authors. Go there and check it out!

6 comments:

  1. That's good. I hope the writer doesn't really plan to become a Carmelite, although, if she really wants to, I guess that's all right.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! I am glad Rosaline was given a voice! And I agree with her take on Romeo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one made me grin. What a great poem!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some characters deserve more attention and I definitely thing Rosaline is one of them! Thanks everyone for your kind words about my daughter's poem!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I especially love

    I care not if you

    Take this harshly,

    You always seemed

    To overreact, anyway.


    And her leaving the note "on thy doorstep."

    So fun! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your daughter is a strong woman! The fact she can use this voice makes that clear. What a blast...I love
    "So you can have
    A fair relationship
    Instead of
    The woman with the brains
    And the man without."
    A.

    ReplyDelete