So what has been driving my week?
1. Getting ready for my first author event. Do you like the sign? How cool to drive down my local highway and see this!
2. Last week was a great writing week, with thousands of words put down on paper. This week, not so much. I don't know what it is that makes some days so much more productive than others. Partly it's simply that real life interferes.
3. Things like crocheting. I made a blanket this week. So, not a lot of words, but a whole blanket - so it's not like I wasn't being productive.
4. I read a book this week I didn't like. It was by a well-known author and I had read a previous book by this author, that I loved. Someone obviously liked this book though, because it was published. And that just helps to serve as a reminder of just how subjective this industry is. I didn't like this book. But yet a publisher (And I'm presuming many other people did). An agent wasn't interested in my latest work. But somewhere, there's one (or many) who will be. It's just a matter of finding that match.
5. Facebook quote from my daughter: "I write to find out what happens next."