Monday, November 2, 2009

NaNoWriMo Day Two


Almost meeting goals.

That's what today was all about.

I had the goal to get to the grocery store. I didn't do it; but I will get there tomorrow.

I had the goal to do double the necessary daily word count of NaNoWriMo so that I could be all caught up with where I was supposed to be.

How'd I do? Not quite.

Total word count for today (and therefore my total since I did nothing yesterday) is 2792. Not the 3333 I needed to make my goal. But close enough.

I've discovered that goals are harder to meet when you have a cold. (I'm sure I'm not the first to discover this, and this probably isn't the first time I've realized it either.)

Now it's off to chug some cough syrup (not really, but I kind of feel like doing that) and get some sleep so I can meet those goals tomorrow (including the grocery shopping - and voting - don't forget to vote tomorrow.)

3 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better! And I know you'll catch up no problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'd say you did great for one day's work AND being puny. Just think... If you write the same amount tomorrow, you'll be ahead of schedule Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Linda, I was more or less out of commission for a couple of days. But I'm feeling better now and now it's time to buckle down and get some writing done! (Not sure I'll be ahead of schedule by Saturday though)

    ReplyDelete